Tuesday 14 August 2007

Universiade 2007 Update: Day 6 Photo Gallery: Women Fighting

Today in the photo gallery, some shots of the men's 10 meter platform diving and women's judo.

Even though this first picture was well out of focus, I like the surreal effect.

10 meter platform diving


Forward somersault


Touch your toes in the air, it's good luck


"Air myself out before I take the leap..."


"G Force yeaaaahhhhh!!!""


Nice takeoff


And here too


Clean entry


This was my first real opportunity to see judo matches live. Not quite as aesthetically appealing as teakwondo, but still enjoyable to watch. I don't think I've ever witnessed a sport which so completely fatigues its participants as with judo.

Evenly matched


"Mmmmmmphhhhh!"


Kazakhstan in blue, Mongolia in white


Hmmmm, took me a few minutes to figure out what was what in this one...


"You say you've got an itch on your back?"


"Right there?"


"Ok enough, I've got to get back to laying a whuppin' on you..."


"One and a two and a.........."


Canada faces Korea


Canada lays a thrummoxing on Korea


"Don't even try it..."


"Yes, I will try..."


"Ok, that's it..."


"I give up. Just let me rest on your leg for a bit..."


Canada wins


Austria against...


France


Two tough (and photogenic) combatants get down to it


"I'm gonna mash yer head into the mat..."


"Stay down!"


"Bad girl!"


"Was that good for you too?"


"I've just about had enough of this crap!"


"Yeah? Come on then. Let's see what you've got..."


Looks like she had what it takes


France wins


Taipei throws Ukrainian rag doll but rag doll prevails in the end


No comments: